Welcome back, from the last post I have already told you about the newest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. And now, we are about to install it on our Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505). This ROM is a test build firmware intended for the Google Play Edition Galaxy S4 (I9505G). And what will we do is porting the Android 4.3 test build to a standard Snapdragon-powered Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505).
This ROM will provides new features of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that rumored will be released this fall. This is very exciting to discover the new things that will be on the final Android 4.3 then. An early discovering on this Android 4.3 test build firmware will give us the representation of the final Android 4.3. Even though we actually wanted to see the Android Key Lime Pie badly, but this Android 4.3 is a fresh air for those who have waited on the newest build of Android OS.
This Android 4.3 port from Galaxy S4 Google Edition is fully functional on the standard Galaxy S4. Because everything is working without any single exception. And for your information, this port is 100% original without any changes.
Things you have to know before the installation:
- This ROM can’t be flashed via ODIN
- This installation void your warranty
- Do this on your own risk
- You should have your device rooted
- You should have a custom recovery installed on your device
Okay, here is the tutorial to install Android 4.3 :
- First, download the Google Play Edition ROM [Download Link]
- Go to recovery mode (Power + Volume Up + Home)
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Choose install zip from sd card
- Locate the the Google Play Edition ROM
- Flash the Google Play Edition ROM
- Wait for the installation
- Once the installation finished, Reboot your device
- Done, the Android 4.3 is on your hand
As we told before, Google hasn’t released the Android 4.3 for public yet, but the OEMs already have access to the source code. And again for your information, it’s not the final ROM of Android 4.3. The Android 4.3 is still under development, so it doesn’t have all features implemented yet. But, overall this Android 4.3 test build firmware works great on Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505). You won’t be disappointed to install this leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your device.
So, why don’t you just try to install this Android 4.3 test build firmware while waiting for the final Android 4.3 and the next Android Key Lime Pie (rumored to be Android 5.0) this fall.